Nightdive Studios, hot off of the PS4 releases of Turok and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, will bring back another retro comic book game in less than a month. Shadow Man Remastered, an update on the 1999 Acclaim title based on the Valiant character, will launch April 15th on Steam, GOG and the Epic Games Store for PC. For those awaiting the console release, right now it’s only listed as “coming soon.” Shadow Man Remastered will coincide with a new Shadowman series that will arrive later in the month from Valiant Entertainment.
The big selling points for the remaster, on top of being easily available on modern machines, are as follows:
- 4K widescreen support for the latest monitors
- No more jaggies thanks to anti-aliasing and all sorts of other post-processing magic
- A whole new visual experience with dynamic shadow mapping and per-pixel lighting
- Never-before-seen content cut from the original game
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) rendering to really take advantage of modern displays
In our review of the Dreamcast version we wrote, “Shadow Man has the same rewarding, exploration based gameplay that people fell in love with back in the NES/SNES days,”